Insurance and account payments
Insurance for allergy and asthma treatment
We participate with most insurance healthcare plans offered in our region. Your insurance coverage must be verified by our staff, and all referrals must be available at least 48 hours prior to your visit or your visit may be cancelled.
Insurance claims for services received are submitted to your healthcare plan promptly following your visit. Within approximately two weeks, your insurance company notifies us of approved payment amount and if that amount is due from the insurance company or the patient. This determination of payment responsibility is based on your contract with the insurance company.
Patient payment responsibilities can be a result of co-payments, deductibles, co-insurance or non-covered services. Co-payments are due prior to seeing an allergist on the day of your visit. The payment of your deductible, co-insurance and/or non-covered services is due upon receipt of receiving notice from your health plan company of the amount you owe. You’ll receive a billing statement from us for the patient responsibility portion of your medical care. Please pay all billing statements upon receipt.
Participating insurance companies
- Aetna (we do not participate with Aetna Better Health)
- Blue Shield
- Personal Choice
- Cigna (we do not participate with Cigna Health Springs)
- Keystone Health Plan East
- Keystone First
- United Healthcare
- UPMC Health Plan (we do not participate with UPMC Community)
- Coventry Healthcare: Health Assurance/ Health America
- Amerihealth Administrators
- Imagine Health
- Independence Administrators
- Tower Health PPO
- Medicare (we do not participate with Bravo)
Please call our billing department, 610-825-5800, ext. 6, with insurance or account questions.